Mediation AND OTHER DISPUTE RESOLUTIONS
“Properly managed disputes can be an opportunity for change and growth”
Mediation is a type of dispute resolution. When it comes to dispute resolution, there are a number of types available.
WHAT IS DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Dispute resolution is a way of resolving disagreements without going to court. It is a good first step in trying to reach agreement about many kinds of problems, including disputes:
- between separating couples
- involving commercial matters
- in the workplace.
HOW DOES IT WORK
Mediation, Workplace Conferencing, Facilitation are the mainstays of our dispute resolution processes.
- Mediation - Is a formal process where dialogue and negotiation replace arguments and power struggles. An impartial mediator assists the participants to jointly explore and reconcile their differences in a structured way.
- Workplace Conferencing - A facilitated meeting which involves multiple participants. The process transforms workplaces experiencing disharmony to a point where the participants can resume an effective working relationship.
- Facilitation - The use of a neutral facilitator can work wonders in uncovering great ideas or finding perfect solutions even when there is no conflict. Ross McSwan has experience in facilitating outcomes for State and Local government and in the private sector. Ross facilitates matters as diverse as discussions about town planning issues to business disputes.
These dispute resolution processes offer:
- Lower Costs
- Ready Access and flexibility
- Fewer workers compensation claims
- Lower attrition rates
- Reputation as an employer of choice
WHAT WE DO
Ross McSwan offers a unique four stage process which addresses disputes whether the eventual process is a mediation, workplace conference or other form of dispute resolution:
- Assessment: Our preliminary assessment enables us to scope and analyse the situation
- Appraisal: We advise you from our expert opinion on for the most effective process for your needs
- Delivery: Mediation or workplace conference or expert advice.
- Reporting: Upon request and, if appropriate, we provide a comprehensive report which assists in ongoing management
Click for information including costs on the following Ross McSwan services:
To book in your mediation service click here for availability or contact our office on 07 5451 1811 or 0421 997 554.